Steak salad with grilled corn on the cob— a California colorful vegetable medley!
Summer’s favorite vegetable is corn, and I’ve found a way to mix corn tastefully with fresh mixed greens and seasoned steak for a decadent salad with the zest of lemon.
Also colorful, healthy and delicious!
Watch the video: Instant Pot steak salad recipe
Steak salad recipe
Steak marinade ingredients
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved (or an organic tomato colorful medley)
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 cups of mixed spring greens
- 1 corn on the cob, husk removed
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling corn
Shop my kitchenware!
Pioneer Woman dishes set | Pioneer Woman white plate | Instant Pot Duo Nova | Amazon heart measuring spoons | Pyrex measuring glass | Target small spatula | Williams-Sonoma salad plate | Pottery Barn woven placemat | MacKenzie-Childs black Flower Market serving bowl | Target lemon & citrus zester |
Balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of minced basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, minced
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of dijon mustard
- a dash of salt and fresh ground black pepper
Steak salad recipe instructions
Steak marinade instructions
1. Prepare the steak marinade by placing all of the ingredients in a medium-size bowl and stirring the mixture.
2. Place steak in a large ziplock bag and pour the marinade mixture over the steak.
3. Seal the bag and shake to coat.
4. Place the bag in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the steak from the fridge after 30 minutes.
Instant Pot steak
6. Place steak on the grill or in a cast-iron grill pan. (To avoid lighting the grill or using the stove in the summer, I used my Instant Pot to sauté the steak in the marinade for 10 minutes. Then I sliced it thinly against the grain and pressure-cooked on high for five minutes.)
If grilling, grill both sides for 4-5 minutes for rare to medium-rare before slicing thinly against the grain.
Lemon zest balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing instructions
7. Combine the basil, parsley, lemon zest and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
8. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients for the balsamic vinaigrette dressing: balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard and a dash of salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
9. Combine together the dry vinaigrette ingredients with the wet ingredients and set aside.
Grilled corn salad instructions
10. While the grill is going, add the corn and drizzle with the tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
11. Grill corn on the cob for 10 minutes, rolling it over once on each side until grill marks form on the corn kernels. (I used my Instant Pot and pressure-cooked the corn on high for two minutes.)
12. Allow the corn to cool to touch, and slice the corn off the cob.
13. Toss together in a large bowl the balsamic vinaigrette dressing with the chopped Romaine lettuce, mixed greens, tomatoes, blue cheese and corn sliced off the cob.
14. Lay the sliced steak on top of the salad.
15. Drizzle steak and salad with the balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing as desired.
16. Serve and enjoy!
You may also like these Instant Pot keto beef recipes:
Beef BBQ Sauce