Captain Crunch French toast?
Would mom like a sweet and crunchy decadent breakfast with maple syrup when she rises to shine on Mother’s Day? Heck yeah, I (or she) would! And the kids will love helping with this fun and delicious dish.
Here’s how you make quick and easy Captain Crunch French toast.
Shop my kitchenware!
Captain Crunch French toast
Makes enough for 6 slices of French toast
- 6 slices of bread
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of Cap’n Crunch cereal
- Maple syrup
- Optional powdered sugar
Start with the fun part!
1. Place the Cap’n Crunch cereal in a zip lock bag and smash the cereal with a rolling pin or your favorite kitchen tool!
It’s okay if your broken pieces are not uniform— some large and some small pieces are good.
2. Pour the cereal crumbs into a shallow dish.
3. Mix the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla extract in a shallow bowl.
4. Now, have fun dipping your bread slices in the egg mixture!
Make sure your bread slices are covered, but not soggy-saturated from the egg mixture.
5. Cover one side of the bread with cereal. You can pick up a bit of the egg mixture as needed to help the cereal pieces stick.
6. Place your covered toast on a large baking sheet and bake on 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove toast from the oven and let cool for a minute.
8. Optionally, sprinkle with powdered sugar, serve with maple syrup or fruit topping and enjoy!
Today mom gets to eat like a queen. Tomorrow back to healthy choices!