- 8 oz. spaghetti (I used angel hair pasta)
- 1 1/4 pounds of lean ground beef or ground turkey (I used ground turkey)
- (1) 1 oz. pack of taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- (1) 10.75 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
- (1) 10 oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained (*Remember to get mild if you don’t want the heat!)
- (1) 8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded taco/Mexican cheese
- *Optional- avocado, sour cream, black olives and salsa to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain & set aside
- In a large skillet cook ground beef over medium-high heat until brown
- Drain and return meat to the skillet
- Add taco seasoning and water, stirring to combine. Cook for 5 minutes
- Stir in cream of chicken soup, Velveeta and canned tomatoes. Reduce heat to low, stirring until the cheese melts
- Mix in the cooked spaghetti and pour mixture into the baking dish
- Top with the shredded cheese
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through
- Set out chopped avocado, sour cream, black olives & salsa for garnish
- Serve and enjoy!
Shop My Kitchenware!
stainless steel pan | glass baking pan | checkered stock pot | checkered 3 qt. pot | similar large serving fork | measuring glass | large checkered colander | checkered spoon rest | fiesta salad plate
Black Folks Soul Food Chicken Yock Recipe (Yock-A-Mein)
Chicken yock is a big bowl of comfort. In a warm, flavorful broth, soul food and Chinese food combine for tender chicken and noodles. This dish is also known as Old Sober, yak, yok, yock-a-mein (yaka mein), or simply Chinese yock.Check out this recipe!
Black Folks Southern Chicken Spaghetti
Soul food goes beyond Southern. It's rich with flavor and plenty of seasoning! Southern chicken spaghetti is a wonderful example of a Southern soul food dish!Check out this recipe!
Black Folks Soul Food Chicken Spaghetti With Tomato Sauce
Succulent shredded chicken and spaghetti noodles are prepared in a delicious broth seasoned with onion, garlic, salt, and black pepper, making flavorful a meal you’ll love.Check out this recipe!
Black Folks Soul Food Baked Macaroni And Cheese
Soul food baked mac and cheese is made with a rich & creamy homemade cheese sauce & yummy Southern spices. Southern comfort food the Black folks way!Check out this recipe!
You may also like these ground beef recipes:
Southern Stuffed Peppers
This Southern stuffed peppers recipe may seem like a fancy dish at first glance - but take another look... They're an old-fashioned Southern meal homemade with ingredients you can easily find in your pantry!Check out this recipe!
Soul Food Juicy Ranch Burgers
Juicy ranch burgers - Instant Pot burgers are effortless, like so many Instant Pot ground beef recipes.Put 'em in the pot, walk away, and return to serve up major deliciousness! Perfect today for a dining-out-like experience served comfortably at home.Check out this recipe!
Puerto Rican Pastelón
Puerto Rican pastelón is a Caribbean dish of ground beef, ripe plantains, yummy Latin seasonings, and cheese. It’s often described as lasagna because it’s served as a layered plantain casserole dish. But pastelón ain't yo mama's lasagna!Check out this recipe!