This mini Christmas wreath cinnamon rolls recipe is so quick, simple and cute. Hardly a recipe and more like a fun craft project because it needs food coloring, frosting and candy sprinkles to make the magic happen!
Make these Christmas cinnamon roll wreaths to delight your family during the holidays at home!
Christmas wreath cinnamon rolls recipe
- 1 can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls (You’ll want the regular Pillsbury cinnamon rolls for ease in making the center holes for the wreaths.)
- The white frosting that’s included with the cinnamon rolls
- Green food coloring
- Aluminum foil
- A handful of dried cranberries
- Optional: red and green sugar sprinkles
Instructions for Christmas wreath cinnamon rolls
1. Grease a cookie or baking sheet.
2. Lay the cinnamon rolls onto the baking pan.
3. Use a butter knife or a metal straw to poke a 1/2″ hole in the middle of each cinnamon roll.
4. Fill the cinnamon roll holes with a crumbled piece of approx. 3″x3″ aluminum foil to hold the place of each hole while baking.
5. Cut about 3-4 1/2″ slits in each cinnamon roll all the way around to create dimension for your wreaths. This is so your Christmas wreath cinnamon rolls don’t just look like doughnuts! Be careful not to slice all the way through the dough.
6. Bake your rolls per the package instructions.
7. While the cinnamon rolls are baking, add 3-4 drops of green food coloring to the frosting and stir until it’s completely green.
8. Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven.
9. Remove the aluminum foil from the center holes.
10. Use a small spatula and the green frosting to paint the cinnamon roll wreaths.
11. Connect 3 dried cranberries on each roll for a holly berry look.
12. Optional: Sprinkle lightly with red and green sugar sprinkles!
13. Serve while rolls are still warm, and enjoy!