Big Game Recipes
I shared a festive cocktail recipe for the Big Game on Sunday. You can find that post HERE.
Today I’m sharing a festive buffalo chicken, taco style dish.
What’s a tailgate party without buffalo wings?
And what’s a Big Game celebration without nachos or tacos?
Simply bland is what it is.
It just isn’t the same without these traditional party foods.
This recipe is a whimsical combination of both traditions that your guests crave.
These Buffalo Chicken Taco Boats are super easy to make, yet hearty and flavorful enough to serve as your main entree for the game.
When I made this for my family, I set all of the fixings out so that they could “build their own boats”.
I also served chips and salsa on the side.
Touchdown! You’ll score major points from both teams when your guests taste this best of both worlds dish.
makes 8 buffalo chicken taco boats
– 16 oz. cooked chicken (I used a bag of grilled chicken strips)
– 1/2 cup of chopped celery
– (1) 2 oz. packet of buffalo chicken mix
– 16 oz. sour cream
– 2 cups of salsa
– 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese
– 1 cup of blue cheese
– 1 cup of lettuce
– seasoning for the chicken (to taste)
– 1 package of (8) soft taco boats
– non-stick cooking spray
*Optional- 1 lime to garnish
– Heat oven to 350.
– Chop your celery into fine bites.
– Spray a 13″x9″ baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside for the taco boats (I used foil over my baking sheet and still sprayed).
– Season your chicken to taste (I always use my favorite all purpose seasoning HERE).
– In a large bowl, mix the sour cream and buffalo chicken mix. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture to dollop onto the finished taco boats.
– Add the chicken to the mixture and fold it in to coat.
– Place the chicken in a large baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
While the chicken is in the oven, brush the salsa on all sides of the taco boats (I don’t usually coat the bottom side of the boats).
Place the coated taco boats on the 13″x9″ baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes
You may choose to fill the taco boats in advance for your guests. I chose to let them build their own boats, and set all the fixing out in little bowls.
If you pre-fill them, add the lettuce on the bottom and then the chicken. Top each boat off with the shredded Mexican cheese, celery, blue cheese and a dollop of the buffalo/sour creme mix.
Serve and enjoy!
Carved football lime
To achieve the football laces in your lime, simply cut the lime vertically into four sections and with a paring knife carve the laces into each lime wedge.