This recipe is so quick, simple and cute. Hardly a recipe and more like a fun craft project because it needs food coloring, frosting and candy eyeballs to make the magic happen!
Make these cinnamon roll pumpkins or cinnamon roll turkeys to delight your family during the holidays at home!
Pumpkin shaped cinnamon rolls recipe
- 1 can of Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls (Pillsbury Grands unroll for easier pumpkin stem shaping)
- The white frosting that’s included with the cinnamon rolls: split 1/4 of it into another small bowl or dish
- Food coloring: green, red and yellow
Pumpkin Shaped Cinnamon Rolls Directions
1. Spray a cookie or baking sheet.
2. Unroll the cinnamon rolls onto a baking pan, tucking the last bit of the roll as the pumpkin stem.
3. Bake your rolls per the package instructions.
4. While the cinnamon rolls are baking, add 1-2 drops of green food coloring to the separated, 1/4 frosting and stir until it’s completely green. (I used 2 drops for the green pumpkin stem color I achieved.)
5. With the remaining frosting, add 1 drop of red food coloring and 2 drops of yellow. Stir and fold in the food coloring until the mixture is orange.
6. Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven.
7. Use a small spatula to paint the round, pumpkin-part of the cinnamon rolls orange.
8. With another small spatula, paint the stems of the pumpkin shaped cinnamon rolls green.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!
Gobble, gobble! Got a second batch of Pillsbury Grands?
Make these turkey shaped cinnamon rolls to pair with your pumpkin shaped cinnamon rolls! Thanksgiving, breakfast, brunch or an anytime fun and yummy treat!
You may also like: