Are you looking to serve up the best Easter soul food menu this holiday?
With the ultimate spread of Southern soul food Easter dinner sides?
Then you’re at the right place for an easy soul food Easter Sunday menu and dinner ideas.
Instant Pot quick and easy Southern Easter dinner recipes from the ultimate soul food recipes guide. Authentic Easter soul food dinner ideas and Southern flavors, easy enough for anyone to make & everyone to love!
Black family Easter dinner menu ideas
I’m so proud to share a legacy of my family’s African-American recipes – Black folks’ food & African-Caribbean cuisine.
Southern Easter dinner ideas & Easter dinner desserts that are Instant Pot easy enough for anyone to make & everyone to love!
Easy soul food recipes
Want a thirty-minute investment for a soul food Sunday dinner?
Good, because you’ll find contemporary cooking methods here on my niche blog, The Soul Food Pot.
What is soul food?
Tender, juicy meats, flavorful gravies and sauces, and vegetables seasoned so deliciously that you forget they’re good for you! That’s soul food – a legacy of Southern cooking the Black way.
What is the meaning of soul food?
‘Soul’ is the word used to describe the swag and unique style of African-American cuisine. You know. The flavor.
So any time someone asks the question, “What exactly is soul food?”
Tell them to start here at this Black people recipes website for their next soul food holiday catering menu!
What food is traditional for Easter?
And what is Easter without deviled eggs?
These are just a handful of the soul food Southern Easter menu favorites that answer the ever-popular question:
“What do Southern people eat for Easter?”
Black folks Easter soul food Sunday dinner menu ideas
Want even more Easter dinner menu recipes with Instant Pot Southern shortcuts?
These side dishes for Easter dinner are the ideal recipes to serve with the Easter ham or lamb at your family dinner.
Because this menu right here… It goes beyond a Southern recipe index for the most delicious and flavorful soul food Easter dinner sides – from Easter side dishes, to appetizers, and Easter bread for the best soul food Easter dinner!
Soul food Southern Easter dinner
So what is a good soul food Easter dinner menu?
It starts with the best Easter dinner sides!
So check out these best soul food Southern cooking recipes for Easter dinner sides.
African American Easter dinner ideas
What are you supposed to eat on Easter Sunday?
An African American family meal might include Easter recipes like brown sugar baked ham, butter-rich Southern green beans, roasted asparagus, Brussel sprouts, deviled egg, deep South dish sweet potato pie, and baked macaroni and cheese. And of course, Southern Easter dinner favorite – carrot cake.
Start here and meal plan with these mouth-watering Easter soul food menus ideas.
Your guests will exclaim, “Everything looks so yummy! When do we eat?”
The best Easter dinner sides
What are the best Easter side dishes?
Everyone’s always asking “What side dishes should you serve with your Easter dinner?”
After the main course, how do you bring it all together to make the perfect soul food feast?
Easter appetizers & side dishes
What are the best type of Easter eggs?
Deviled eggs. Duh!
Plus, other Easter recipe appetizers ready to jump-start your Easter meal.
Do you know the true meaning of Easter colors?
At Easter, the color white symbolizes purity, grace, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the reason most Black folks celebrate Easter, so Easter celebrations often include food palettes that include white and pastel hues, like in Easter bread and sometimes Easter cake.
Black people are also known for our decked-out pageantry attire for Easter Sunday church service, including vibrant color dresses and stylish pastel dress suits.
Southern cinnamon rolls recipe coming to The Soul Food Pot soon!
Southern soul food Easter dinner sides FAQs
What should you serve for Easter lunch?
What can you make for easter dinner besides ham?
What is your main dish this year?
What do you think of these soul food Easter dinner sides?
With so many African American recipes, which ones will you add to your Easter soul food menu?
Leave your answer in a comment below and follow me HERE for all the soul food!
You may also like these soul food recipes:
- Instant Pot electric pressure cooker
- Instant Pot trivet rack
- 6 eggs large
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise or if preferred, Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon gherkins finely chopped or minced
- 1 tablespoon red onion finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon paprika plus extra to garnish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon green onions chopped to garnish - or ¼ teaspoon of dill herb to garnish
- Use the Instant Pot to boil the eggs quickly. Open the Instant Pot lid and place the trivet rack or egg rack inside the stainless-steel inner pot.
- Add the eggs onto the rack, and pour the water over the eggs.
- Close the Instant Pot lid (make sure the valve is up – in the position for sealing) and pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time is finished, allow a natural pressure release for at least 5 minutes.
- To open the Instant Pot lid, move the valve to ‘venting’ and manually release any remaining pressure, if applicable.
- Open the cover immediately after the pressure release. Using tongs (because the eggs will be hot!), place the boiled eggs into an ice bath to cool off.
- Once the eggs are cool to the touch, remove the shells and slice the hard-boiled eggs in half, then remove the egg yolk.
- Place the boiled egg yolks in a medium-sized bowl and place the egg white halves on a serving platter, setting them aside.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork until they look like little pebbles.
- Then using a small rubber spatula, add in the mayonnaise, folding in one spoonful or dollop at a time until the mix is creamy and lump-free.
- Stir in the Dijon yellow mustard, gherkins, red onion, paprika, salt, and pepper until evenly combined.
- Use a piping bag or spoon the deviled-egg mixture into each egg white half.
- Sprinkle with paprika and chopped green onions or fresh dill herb to garnish.
- Serve this soul food Southern deviled egg recipe immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Happy Easter & enjoy!